Hausfeld is one of the leading law firms focused on recovering damages suffered through anti-competitive conduct. We uniquely assist claimants. We pioneered competition damages claims in Europe and accumulated vast experience from managing some of the most high-profile and complex cases ever brought.
Antitrust / Competition
We are dedicated to resolving competition disputes and are by far the biggest team in London, Europe and worldwide with specialist capabilities in this field. We believe we have made more recoveries on behalf of claimants than any other firm.
Our unique platform supports four pillars of expertise:
- Cartel damages claims in the High Court and Competition Appeal Tribunal, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court.
- Cartel damages claims in the Courts of EU Member States (including the General Court and Court of Justice).
- Collective actions in the Competition Appeal Tribunal and High Court.
- Complex abuse of dominance claims, state aid disputes, injunctive relief and merger interventions.
Our market leading team trailblazed competition damages actions in Europe and we continue to be known and recognised as innovators in the legal market. Our clients benefit from:
- The fact we are rarely conflicted and can act against large corporates such as major financial institutions and Big Tech.
- The team having the expertise and knowledge to go toe-to-toe with some of the world’s biggest law firms.
- Our experience in taking competition damage claims all the way to trial, on the rare occasion where settlement is not possible.
- Working with a multi-jurisdictional team, both in terms of language skills and legal qualifications.
- Our ability to act for individual corporates and structure groups of claimants.
- Our willingness to offer flexible fee structures and case funding.
Legal directories recognise us as a Tier 1 firm when it comes to ‘Competition: Private Enforcement Claimant’, as does Global Competition Review which counts some of our lawyers among the thought leaders and global elite of competition litigation.The Legal 500 & Chambers
For additional Antitrust/Competition expertise:
Legal 500, 2023
They have the largest competition litigation team in the UK, with the ability to seamlessly operate across jurisdictions through their sister offices in the UK and EU. The competition litigation landscape in the UK has never been busier, and Hausfeld’s entrepreneurialism, bravery and ability to work collaboratively with key players in the field has been a key factor.
Chambers UK, 2023
'Not only have I been immensely impressed by their partners, but their associates are outstanding. They have a conveyor belt of stars in the making.' And 'The team combines a very thorough knowledge of the law with pragmatic and strategic thinking to deliver solid, outcome-focused advice."
Legal 500, 2023
Hausfeld are the absolute leader in this field. They have strength in depth throughout the firm, and have extensive experience of the most important and highest value cases.
Chambers UK, 2022
Sources describe the lawyers as 'professional, entrepreneurial in their thinking, rigorous in their treatment of the issues and enjoyable to work with'.
Legal 500 UK, 2022
Hausfeld has a preeminent reputation in competition litigation from the claimant side. There are few (if any) firms representing claimants which can compare with the strength and depth of Hausfeld’s offering in terms of experience and expertise.
Legal 500 UK, 2021
In London, Hausfeld is the leading competition litigation firm acting on the claimant side. The team has over a decade of experience. The firm has offices elsewhere in Europe, which allows it to take a pan-European approach to managing claims.
Legal 500 UK, 2021
This excellent team is very easy to work with – it combines tactical acumen with a very pleasant manner. We regard the team as the leading practice in Europe on the claimant side dealing with antitrust damages claims.
Chambers UK, 2020
A source reports that 'they are able to perform an invaluable role in terms of pulling teams of economists together and having discussions with funders; they certainly have the network to handle these cases'.