Katie is a partner in Hausfeld’s Philadelphia office. Her practice focuses on pursuing justice for plaintiffs in antitrust, consumer protection, civil and human rights, and environmental litigation. Katie has represented a diverse array of clients, including cancer patients fighting for access to affordable treatment, municipalities seeking remedies to protect the health and well-being of their residents, and app developers challenging Google’s monopolization of the mobile application marketplace.
Katie also maintains a robust pro bono practice, where she regularly represents participants in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania Supervision to Aid Reentry Program in civil legal matters, and oversees the firm’s pro bono partnerships with several non-profit organizations leading the fight on racial equality and reproductive justice. She previously served as counsel for victims of childhood sexual abuse by Pennsylvania clergy and has engaged in climate change impact litigation.
Katie has received numerous accolades across several practice areas, including being recognized as an On the Rise – Top 40 Young Lawyer in the country by the American Bar Association, a Rising Star in Antitrust Litigation by Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, an Energy & Environmental Trailblazer by The National Law Journal, and a Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyer by Lawdragon.
At Hausfeld, Katie leads the firm’s business development strategy efforts for the U.S. offices. As Chair of the firm’s U.S. Business Development Strategy Committee, she manages all new case investigations and potential matters. She is also a member of the firm’s Hiring Committee, Pro Bono Committee, and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee. Before joining the firm, Katie served as a federal Law Clerk to the Honorable Gerald A. McHugh in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania during the first two years of Judge McHugh’s tenure on the Bench.
University of Pennsylvania Law School, cum laude, 2012
American University, magna cum laude, 2009
U.S. District Court – Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court – New Jersey
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
Fellow, American Bar Foundation
Appointed Member, American Bar Association, Antitrust Section Influence Task Force
Previously Vice Chair, American Bar Association, Antitrust Law Section Legislation Committee
Philadelphia Bar Association
Philadelphia Bar Foundation
Jewish Social Policy Action Network, Vice President (2014-2018)
Federal Reentry Court Clinic Adjunct Professor, Temple University Beasley School of Law (2015-2016)
Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Gerald A. McHugh, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania (2014-2016)
Legal Writing Instructor, University of Pennsylvania Law School (2011-2012)
Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- "Climate Change," 4th Annual Class Action Money & Ethics Conference (Sept. 2020), Panelist
- "Careers in Antitrust," ABA Section of Antitrust Law Program: Rutgers Law School (Nov. 2019), Panelist
- "Climate Change Litigation: To Be or Not To Be?" Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas Civil Conversations CJE Program (June, 2019), Panelist
- "Healthcare & Pharma Regulation Through Antitrust Legislation," ABA Section of Antitrust Law Legislation Committee Program (April 2019), Moderator
- "Successful Reentry: Innovative Programs to Reduce Recidivism and Reform the Criminal Justice System, Pursuing Justice 2016," Bend the Arc’s First National Conference (June 2016), Moderator
- "Transformative Lawyering, Community Partnerships and the Power of Reentry Court," 2nd Annual Conference for Integrating Spirituality, Law and Politics, Drexel University Thomas R. Kline School of Law (June 2016), Panelist
Katie's other publications include:
- "Recent Third Circuit Product-Hopping Case Warrants Rehearing," Lexology (Nov. 16, 2016), Author
- "Revisiting the Prostitution Debate: Uniting Liberal & Radical Feminism in Pursuit of Policy Reform, Law and Inequality: A Journal of Theory and Practice," University of Minnesota Law Journal, Volume 30, Issue 1 (2012)
- "Nowhere to Fall: Facing the Economic Crisis in the U.S," Z Magazine" (Oct. 2009) Co-Author with Professor Celine-Marie Pascale.
WHAT OTHERS SAY
American Bar Association
- On the Rise – Top 40 Young Lawyer in 2020
- Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers 2022
- Leading Environmental & Energy Lawyer in 2021
- Lawyer on the Fast Track in 2017
National Law Journal
- Energy & Environmental Trailblazer in 2018
- Rising Star, Antitrust Litigation in Philadelphia since 2018
- Pro Bono Award of the Philadelphia Bar Foundation: an honor received by Katie and the firm's Philadelphia office in 2019.
- Recognized Community Partner Award: an honor given by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania for her valuable contributions to the Supervision to Aid Reentry Program (STAR) program in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania in 2019.
- Pro Bono Supervisor Award: an award given by the Penn Law Toll Public Interest Center for her work with Federal Reentry Court Clinic students in 2016.
Disclaimer: The Legal Intelligencer Lawyers on the Fast Track list is issued by American Lawyer Media (ALM); a description of the selection methodology can be found here. The Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Stars list is issued by Thomson Reuters; a description of the selection methodology can be found here. The National Law Journal’s Energy and Environmental Trailblazers list is issued by ALM; a description of the selection methodology can be found here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.