WWL 2020 counts 9 Hausfeld lawyers among world's top competition plaintiff lawyers
3rd July 2020: Who’s Who Legal (WWL) 2020 extensively praised both Hausfeld’s US and European Antitrust/Competition practices as part of their annual analysis pinpointing the world’s leading competition plaintiffs lawyers. Among its rankings listing the world’s top 124 competition claimant lawyers, it identified 9 Hausfeld partners - more than any other firm - renowned for their experience and expertise in class action, competition or antitrust matters before the highest courts in the UK, EU and USA.
Furthermore, of the 8 lawyers WWL 2020 identified as Global Elite Thought Leaders, 3 Hausfeld partners were highlighted for their exceptional performance. Global Elite Thought Leaders are those individuals WWL’s research identified as ‘being truly outstanding practitioners and the very best in their field’.
In the US:
- Michael Hausfeld: Emerges as one of North America’s foremost plaintiff specialists in the antitrust space, dubbed “a legend in the field”. Also identified as a Global Elite Thought Leader.
- Brent Landau: A prominent name among antitrust practitioners in the USA and wins extensive recognition for his practice, which focuses on representing clients in the healthcare and transportation industries in price-fixing and monopolisation matters.
- Brian Ratner: Earns impressive recommendations for his competition plaintiff expertise. He is considered “smart and likeable”, and “one of the next-generation leaders”.
- Irving Scher: A highly respected antitrust specialist and a mainstay of the North American market. He has standout experience advising clients in the airline, retail, automotive and pharmaceutical sectors.
- Anthony Maton: A top-drawer plaintiff specialist in the European market, lauded by peers as “an excellent and very experienced lawyer”. Also identified as a Global Elite Thought Leader.
- Nicola Boyle: Secures notable recommendations for her skill with large follow-on competition damages matters in the EU.
- Scott Campbell: Wows commentators with his extensive skills in competition; impressed peers declare that they “have referred work to Scott in the past, and would do so again”.
- Anna Morfey: Highlighted a name to watch in the EU competition space. She has considerable expertise with follow-on and stand-alone damages claims before EU and UK courts. Also identified as a Global Elite Thought Leader.
- Thomas Höppner: Praised by peers for his “outstanding understanding of very complex technical and economic systems, in particular digital platform markets, and outstanding knowledge of competition law”.
This follows on from WWL’s other research as part of their ‘Thought Leaders’ Guide recommending leading competition lawyers and recognizing 16 Hausfeld lawyers as Global Leaders. In addition to the 9 names already highlighted above, they also include:
- Tim Brown - UK
- Lianne Craig - UK
- Laurent Geelhand - Belgium
- Megan Jones - US
- Alex Petrasincu - Germany
- James Pizzirusso - US
- Hilary Scherrer - USA