You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer (see Control below). This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer.
We do not use this information for anything other than our own analysis. The cookies we use do not enable any website visitor to be individually identified and will only be used for website analytics purposes, for example, to show which areas of our site people find most useful and whether these are easy to reach.
Control of website cookies
Website users who don’t want their data collected with Google analytics can install the Google analytics opt-out browser add-on. This is compatible with all major browsers and can be downloaded and installed via the Google analytics opt-out page.
The following cookies are used by Hausfeld:
Session cookies (deleted when all the browser windows are closed).
- ARRAAffinity: a necessary cookie, set by websites that run on Windows Azure cloud platform. The cookie is used to affinitise a client to an instance of an Azure Web App.
- ARRAAffinitySameSite: no description.
- continent: geo location monitor, necessary.
- init: log of geo location, necessary.
- region: no description. Duration of 5 days.
- _cfduid from .cookiepro.com: a necessary cookie used by cdn services like CloudFare to identify individual clients behind a shared IP address and apply security settings on a per-client basis. It does not correspond to any user ID in the web application and does not store any personally identifiable information. Duration of 1 month.
- _cfduid from.onetrust.com: The cookie is used by cdn services like CloudFare to identify individual clients behind a shared IP address and apply security settings on a per-client basis. It does not correspond to any user ID in the web application and does not store any personally identifiable information. Duration of 1 month.
- OptanonConsent: a necessary cookie set by OneTrust cookie consent solution. The cookie is used for storing the information about the users consent based on which the cookies will be set on the browser. Duration of 1 year.
- lang: this cookie is used to store the language preferences of a user to serve up content in that stored language the next time user visit the website with a duration of 5 days.
Google Analytics helps us with the reporting related to our website. The following cookies are linked to the Hausfeld website:
- _ ga: used to distinguish users. 2 years.
- _gid: used to distinguish users. 24 hours.
- _gat: used to throttle request rate. 1 minute.
Cookies in emails
If you have enabled the images within the email, cookies may be set on your computer or device. Cookies will also be set if you click on any link within the email.
The types of cookies used are:
Web beacons: they help display emails in the best format for your device and tell us whether you’ve opened the email, when, and how often, the location and whether you clicked a link.
Link tracking: if the email contains a (number of) hyperlink(s), each has a unique tag. When you click on one of these links, we can understand who has, for example, clicked through to our website, accepted or declined an invitation.
We use this information to view how effective our mailings are. You are able to unsubscribe at any time.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest.