Hausfeld is one of the leading law firms in Germany for antitrust and competition litigation. We are considered a pioneer in antitrust damages actions in Europe and are recognized for our expertise in this area in light of the considerable number of proceedings we have led in this field.
Antitrust / Competition
In addition to antitrust damages proceedings, we also represent our clients in complex competition law disputes before the European courts, the European Commission and national antitrust authorities.
Our aim is always to find the most efficient solutions for our clients in resolving their disputes. This includes negotiating a settlement prior to litigation to avoid time-consuming and costly court proceedings.
We understand the economic considerations and concerns that arise on the side of companies harmed by cartel violations when claiming cartel damages. Due to our experience in conducting large-scale proceedings, often third-party financed, we are ideally positioned to introduce cost-efficient solutions for our clients best suited to their needs. In this respect, our clients benefit from the excellent contacts we have with litigation funders.
With offices in several European countries and a strong international network, we can assist our clients across borders.
We act for our clients in cases including the following:
- Enforcement of claims to end abusive market power practices by Google and other internet companies.
- Enforcement of antitrust claims for damages:
- on behalf of car manufacturers against various automotive suppliers for antitrust violations
- against various truck manufacturers for their participation in the truck cartel
- against wholesalers of pesticides for forming a cartel
- against the stainless steel and quarto plate cartel
- against German banking associations for antitrust violations in setting merchant fees for the use of the electronic cash system
- against Mastercard for antitrust violations in the setting of merchant fees.
For additional Antitrust/Competition expertise:
WHAT OTHERS SAY
Legal 500, 2021
Responsive, realistic and down-to-earth approach. Practical, clear and proactive advice.
Juve Handbook, 2018
Clients praise the "well-coordinated team with great professional competence" that "works exceptionally effectively even under time pressure".
Juve Handbook, 2019
"...their innovative approach to antitrust damages claims and willingness to challenge the traditional law firm model is causing a stir in the marketplace."
Legal 500, 2020
In addition to knowledge in antitrust law, Hausfeld has profound expertise in digital business models.