Few US law firms are litigating more antitrust cases on behalf of businesses and individuals damaged by anticompetitive activity than Hausfeld. Clients impacted by cartels or other anticompetitive conduct rely on us for our antitrust expertise and our history of success both in the courtroom and at the negotiating table.
Antitrust / Competition
Not only relied on by business clients, federal courts also have specifically appointed and trusted Hausfeld to pursue recoveries in more than 30 antitrust damage actions in the last ten years.
In 2022, for a fourth consecutive year, Hausfeld has been recognized as one of the leading claimant firms for recovery in antitrust litigation in the US. In the 2021 Antitrust Annual Report, published by the Center for Litigation and Courts | UC Hastings Law and The Huntington National Bank, Hausfeld is listed as the top firm out of the 25 analyzed, having achieved an aggregate settlement recovery totaling over $5.27 billion over 13 years from 2009-2021. Hausfeld also ranked first among lead counsel in relation to the number of complaints filed in US federal courts (Hausfeld was responsible for 296 filings between 2009 and 2021) and first among lead counsel in the total amounts recovered for class members (Hausfeld recovered 114 settlements for its clients between 2009 and 2021 totaling over $5.27 billion).
Recognizing the firm's antitrust prowess, the Global Competition Review notes that 'The Hausfeld team has established themselves as one of – if not the – top Plaintiffs' antitrust firm in the U.S.' and Legal 500 consistently ranks Hausfeld among the top 5 firms in the United States for plaintiff representation in antitrust litigation.
Having built one of the largest plaintiffs' private competition/antitrust enforcement teams in the US, our talented lawyers have a solid track record of:
- Successfully litigating and resolving the world's most significant plaintiffs' private competition/antitrust enforcement actions
- Recovering billions of dollars for our clients and businesses that we have been appointed by courts to represent
- Counseling clients on the antitrust implications of various business practices and alternative approaches that eliminate or reduce potential risk
- Advising clients of potential recovery opportunities concerning anticompetitive conduct
- Seamlessly cooperating with our European colleagues to develop a litigation strategy for those clients requiring a coordinated approach to their global claims.
- As legal pioneers in the global Big Tech and Digital Markets space, we are transforming the practice of law with new ideas and are bringing antitrust and competition claims others aren’t bold enough to bring.
For additional Antitrust/Competition expertise:
The Legal 500 US, 2020
'Class leaders in their field of plaintiff antitrust enforcement. Innovative free structures. A pleasure to deal with.' and 'Best in class for plaintiff antitrust work. Superb attention to detail and very commercial.'
Benchmark Litigation 2020
They have a wide scope regarding antitrust actions... 'I do a great deal of this work, and it’s nearly always against Hausfeld, at least in the biggest and best cases.’ Over the past several years alone, the firm has landed national headlines for its dogged pursuit of antitrust and sports claims.
Chambers US, 2019
Hausfeld is a prominent litigation firm, renowned for its abilities representing plaintiffs in multidistrict class action antitrust suits across the country involving a wide variety of antitrust issues including monopolization, price manipulation and price-fixing.
The Legal 500, 2019
Hausfeld remains top-notch in antitrust litigation… one of the most capable plaintiffs’ firms involved in the area of civil cartel enforcement and is handling some of the major cartel-related cases.