Ian J. Engdahl
Ian’s practice is focused on complex antitrust, cybersecurity, and consumer protection matters.
While attending law school, Ian worked with Georgetown’s appellate litigation clinic and served as the Managing Editor of the Georgetown Journal on Poverty Law & Policy.
Ian’s clients run the gamut from consumers and small businesses to multinational corporations. He represents consumers whose personal data was exposed by careless corporations, a class of investors in the FX market, and foam-products manufacturers affected by price fixing.
Antitrust / Competition
- In re Foreign Exchange Benchmarks Rates Antitrust Litigation – Ian represents investors in the foreign exchange market against international banks alleged to have fixed the price of foreign exchange instruments.
- In re Diisocyanates Antitrust Litigation – Ian represents a class of direct purchasers of the industrial chemicals methylene diphenyl diisocyanate (MDI) and toluene diisocyanate (TDI) in claims against major industrial suppliers for conspiring to artificially inflate prices in violation of federal antitrust law.
Cybersecurity and Privacy
- In re Equifax, Inc. Customer Data Security Breach Litigation – Ian represents consumers whose personal data was exposed in the Equifax data breach.
- In re Marriott International Inc. Customer Data Security Breach Litigation – Ian represents a class of consumers harmed by the Marriott data breach.
What Others Say
- Ian was the recipient of the Algernon Sydney Sullivan Award for Character and Commitment to Public Service (2013). One nominator wrote, “When one thinks of who Algernon Sydney Sullivan may have been as a young man, Ian Engdahl comes to mind. Not only do these two men share a love of the art of oratory and a passion for law and justice, but the philosophy of both revolves around making better the lives of others even before themselves.”
Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., cum laude, 2018
Rhodes College, B.A. in Political Economy, cum laude, 2012
District of Columbia
Affiliations & Memberships
Managing Editor, Georgetown Journal on Poverty Law & Policy (2017-2018)