Access to this website including all publications and other content is provided on the following terms and conditions, to which you agree to be bound by accessing the site.
- The materials appearing on this website are provided for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice.
- The information provided is not intended to replace or serve as a substitute for legal advice and you should not take action based upon information on this website without obtaining your own appropriate legal advice. The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon any single source of information, including content on this website. You may ask us to send you additional information about us.
- This site is not intended to create a lawyer-client relationship and communications via this website do not establish a lawyer-client relationship. Unless and until we have formally established a lawyer-client relationship, you should not send any confidential information through this website or through any email address posted on this website.
- If you communicate with us by e-mail via the Contact page on this website in connection with a matter for which we already represent you, please remember that such transmissions are not secure and you should avoid sending sensitive or confidential messages unless they are adequately encrypted. We cannot accept any responsibility for the unauthorized access by a third party and/or the corruption of data being sent by any third party to Hausfeld.
- Articles and other publications are current as at their date of publication and do not necessarily reflect the current state of the law. While we try to ensure that the content is correct, we do not give any warranty as to the accuracy and completeness of the content. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we do not accept any responsibility or liability to users or any third parties in relation to the use of the material or their contents or for any error or omission. Links to other sites from the pages on this website are for information only and Hausfeld accepts no responsibility for any material on any website which is linked from or to this website.
Copyright and use
- HAUSFELD and related logos are service marks and/or registered service marks of Hausfeld LLP in the United States, European Union, and other countries.
- All copyright, service marks and other intellectual property in or arising out of the materials vest solely in Hausfeld.
- Except as set out below, the content and materials on this website may not be modified, reproduced, copied, stored in any retrieval system, distributed or transmitted in any form or used for any public or commercial purpose without our prior written consent. You may print or download copies of any page or materials for your own personal use or use by others within your organization, provided:
- the page or material is copied in full with no amendment or editing;
- the content is not to be used as part of another work or publication or for commercial gain without our prior written consent or for any illegal purpose or used in a way which would bring Hausfeld or our business into disrepute;
- the content is not used in a way which implies that Hausfeld is associated with or endorses any third party or third party organization without our prior written consent.
- Hausfeld may alter, suspend, or discontinue this website without notice at any time for maintenance or any other reason, and will not be liable if the site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- Hausfeld is a global law firm operating through four separately constituted and regulated legal entities that provide legal and other client services in accordance with the relevant laws of the jurisdictions in which they respectively operate. In countries where Hausfeld does not have its own presence, legal services are provided through associations with local law firms.
- The use of the name “Hausfeld” and words or phrases such as “firm,” “law firm,” or “international legal practice” is for convenience only and does not imply that the Hausfeld entities are in partnership together or accept responsibility for the acts or omissions of each other. Legal responsibility for the provision of services to clients is defined in engagement terms entered into between clients and the relevant Hausfeld entity and these should be relied upon in determining liability for the services provided. Absent the specific agreement and consent of each entity, no Hausfeld entity is responsible for the acts or omissions of, nor has any authority to obligate or otherwise bind, any other Hausfeld entity.
Hausfeld LLP, a District of Columbia limited liability partnership, practices law in various jurisdictions in the United States of America.
- Attorney Advertising. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
- The material on this website does not constitute a solicitation in any state where our attorneys are not admitted and licensed to practice.
- To the extent the State Bar Rules in your jurisdiction require us to designate a principal office and/or single attorney responsible for this site, Hausfeld LLP designates its principal office as Washington, D.C. and designates Brent W. Landau as the attorney responsible for this site.
Hausfeld & Co. LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in the State of New York. It is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority in England & Wales with number 513826 with its principal business address at 12 Gough Square, London EC4A3DW and representative offices in Brussels, Paris and Stockholm.
- We use the word “partner” to refer both to members of Hausfeld & Co. LLP and other employees who are designated as partners. A list of partners appears on this website and is also available for inspection at 12 Gough Square, London EC4A 3DW.
- Hausfeld & Co LLP is not authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”) to provide investment advice. We are, however, included on the Register maintained by the Financial Conduct Authority (Ref No. LS 513826) which allows us to carry out insurance mediation activity and to advise on, and assist in arranging and administration of insurance contracts, where this is related, and ancillary to, our litigation services. The register can be accessed here. This part of our business, including arrangements for complaints or redress if something goes wrong, is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (“SRA”).
- Hausfeld & Co LLP’s compulsory professional indemnity insurance is provided by Endurance Worldwide Insurance Limited, 1st Floor 2 Minster Court Mincing Lane London EC3R 7BB, under Policy No. PI19SOM0437.
- Hausfeld & Co is registered in the Data Protection Register of the UK Information Commissioner’s Office under registration number Z1953172.
- Hausfeld & Co LLP is registered for VAT purposes in the UK with VAT registration number GB 975 248776.
- The latest data following our 2019 Diversity Survey.
We are committed to providing a high quality of legal service. If you are not satisfied with any aspect of our service, please let us know immediately so that we can try to resolve any complaints at the earliest opportunity. In the first instance it may be helpful to discuss your concern with the partner responsible for your case and we will do our best to resolve any issues.
If you would like to make a formal complaint, we have a procedure in place explaining how we investigate complaints.
If we are unable to resolve the complaint between us, you may wish to refer the matter to the Legal Ombudsman, who will look at your complaint independently. Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first.
You must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:
- Within six months of receiving a final response from us to your complaint and
- No more than 6 years from the act/omission to which your complaint relates or
- No more than 3 years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.
If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, please contact them using the details below:
- Visit their website
- Call 0300 555 0333, or +44 121 245 3050 when calling from outside the UK, between 9 am and 5 pm
- Email on email@example.com
- Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ.
Solicitors Regulation Authority
Hausfeld & Co is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority whose rules can be accessed in the SRA handbook. The Solicitors Regulation Authority can also help you if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.
- Information can be found on the SRA website.
- The SRA can also be contacted on 0370 606 2555 (or +44 (0)121 329 6800 when calling from outside the UK), or by post to Solicitors Regulation Authority, The Cube, 199 Wharfside Street, Birmingham, B1 1RN.
Hausfeld Advocaten, a Dutch maatschap registered with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce under registration number 61536164, provides services from offices in Amsterdam.
The lawyers listed in this document have a registered legal practice with the Netherlands Bar Association and are required to obtain ten training credits per calendar year in each registered legal practice area, in accordance with the standards set by the Netherlands Bar.
Registered Office Hausfeld Advocaten
1015 CS Amsterdam
+31 20 520 7565
+31 20 524 1470
You can read our Complaints Procedure in English.
By Dutch law, law firms must verify the identity of their clients, and in certain situations, before accepting an assignment, report unusual transactions to a central authority. Please discuss this with your Hausfeld Advocaten contact if you have any questions about this requirement. Further information is available on the website of the Dutch Financial Supervision Office [link https://www.bureauft.nl/].
Professional liability insurance
The lawyers of Hausfeld Advocaten are insured under a professional liability insurance in accordance with the requirements set by the Netherlands Bar Association. The insurance agent of Hausfeld Advocaten is Mutsaerts Assuradeuren B.V., Ringbaan West 240, Tilburg. More information can be found in the insurance declaration.
The lawyers of Hausfeld Advocaten are registered with the Netherlands Bar Association and are subject to the Bar’s professional rules. The rules and regulations, including professional rules, applicable to Dutch lawyers, are available on the website of the Dutch Bar Association. See Dutch Bar Association - Nederlandse Orde van Advocaten.
Hausfeld Rechtsanwälte LLP, a New York limited liability partnership, provides services from offices in Berlin and Düsseldorf.
Legal services in Germany are rendered by Hausfeld Rechtsanwälte LLP. Hausfeld Rechtsanwälte LLP is a limited liability partnership under the jurisdiction of the State of New York, registered in New York, U.S.A., Department of State, Division of Corporations pursuant to the State Records & Uniform Commercial Code under the registration number 150928000675, and recorded in the partnership registry of the District Court of Charlottenburg under the number PR 1068 B Hausfeld Rechtsanwälte LLP. It has its headquarters in Berlin, Germany.
Hausfeld Rechtsanwälte LLP, Walter-Benjamin-Platz 6, 10629 Berlin
Telephone: +49 30 322 903 001
Telefax: +49 30 322 903 100
VAT (Umsatzsteuer) ID: DE303392495
Authorized representative of Hausfeld Rechtsanwälte LLP: Alex Petrasincu
Responsible for contents within the meaning of Sec. 55 para. 2 of the German State Agreement for Broadcast and Telemedia (Staatsvertrag für Rundfunk und Telemedien): Alex Petrasincu, Walter-Benjamin-Platz 6, 10629 Berlin
Professional title and designated associations
Unless indicated otherwise, all attorneys practicing law at Hausfeld Rechtsanwälte LLP in the Federal Republic of Germany are admitted to the practice of law in Germany. They are members of the respective bar association of their location which is designated as their supervising authority.
Inquiries about details with respect to the bar admission of individual attorneys can be made at the Federal Bar Association.
For the other professionals at Hausfeld Rechtsanwälte LLP, the professional titles and designated associations are as follows:
Solicitors under the laws of England & Wales - Law Society of England and Wales
Attorneys at Law (New York) – New York State Unified Court System
Attorneys at Law (Washington DC) – District of Columbia Bar
Attorneys at Law (Pennsylvania) – Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
Attorneys at Law (New Jersey) – New Jersey Courts
Laws and regulations governing the profession:
Attorneys of Hausfeld Rechtsanwälte LLP are bound by the Federal Lawyers’ Act (Bundesrechtsanwaltsordnung / BRAO), the Rules of Professional Practice for Attorneys (Berufsordnung der Rechtsanwälte / BORA), the Rules for Specialist Attorneys (Fachanwaltsordnung / FAO), the Lawyers‘ Compensation Act (Rechtsanwaltsvergütungsgesetz / RVG), the Code of Conduct for Lawyers in the European Union (CCBE) and the Act Regulating the Activity of European Lawyers in Germany (Gesetz über die Tätigkeit europäischer Rechtsanwälte in Deutschland / EuRAG). The above-named laws and regulations can be viewed and retrieved on the website of the Federal Bar Association (www.brak.de) in the category “Berufsrecht” (Professional Rights).
For the other professionals at Hausfeld Rechtsanwälte LLP, the following professional laws and regulations are binding:
Solicitors under the laws of England & Wales – Solicitors’ Code of Conduct, Solicitors’ Accounts Rules, Solicitors’ Financial Services Rules, Solicitors’ Indemnity Insurance Rules
Attorneys at Law (New York) – New York Rules of Professional Conduct
Attorneys at Law (Washington DC) - DC Rules of Professional Conduct
Attorneys at Law (Pennsylvania) – The Pennsylvania Rules of Professional Conduct
Attorneys at Law (New Jersey) - New Jersey Rules of Professional Conduct
Professional liability insurance carrier: HDI Versicherung AG, HDI-Platz, 30659 Hannover
Policy number: V-072-056-613-0
In the case of disputes between attorneys and their clients, it is possible upon request to settle the dispute out of court before the Berlin Bar Association or before the arbitration board for the legal profession at the Federal Bar Association, which can be found on the website of the Federal Bar Association and email: firstname.lastname@example.org.