LIDW – How Alternative Dispute Resolution is adapting to deal with complex disputes
The resolution of disputes without the time, cost and resources involved in a court trial or tribunal hearing is more important now than ever - particularly for those involving technical or factual complexities, or uncertain commercial or operational outcomes. Offered as part of the London International Disputes Week, this hybrid event will start with a keynote speech from the Under-Secretary of State for the Ministry of Justice, Mike Freer MP. Then a panel of experts will discuss the following topics:
- The complexity of today’s disputes – are they more complex now than they were previously?
- How is ADR adapting to deal with complex disputes – are contractual ADR clauses on the rise?
- The significance of the UK ratifying the Singapore Convention on Mediation
- The increase in court involvement in the settlement process and how this may be impacted by the possibility of compulsory mediation
- How to maximise the likelihood that ADR procedures are successful
Claire Broadbelt, Shareholder at Greenberg Traurig LLP moderates the panel and will be join Rebecca Warder, Deputy Chair and Board Member of LCAM and Head of Knowledge at Hausfeld; Helen Armstrong, Partner at RPC; Alex Charlton KC FCIArb, Barrister at 4 Pump Court and Jon Lang, Mediator at IPOS Mediation.
This in person event will be held on 17 May 2023 between 09.00 and 11.00 am BST, at Greenberg Traurig LLP, 8 The Shard, 32 Bridge Street, London, but can also be accessed online.