Access to Justice and Class Actions in England and Wales
The Bonavero Institute of Human Rights, part of the University of Oxford’s Faculty of Law, hosted a virtual conference on class actions and access to justice in England and Wales on 6 and 7 May. The two day event brought together legal practitioners, funders, academics and other stakeholder, examining the barriers to access to justice in group litigation.
Anthony Maton, London Managing Partner and Global Vice Chair, joined the first morning panel on day two to explore ‘Class actions in competition law’ – sharing his depth of knowledge on this constantly evolving topic.
Other panels focused on:
- Class actions in their global context
- Funding and costs in group litigation and class actions
- Class actions in the Competition Appeal Tribunal
- Civil society organisations and the need for class actions
- Class actions, group litigation and human rights