Anna is a commercial litigator with a focus on competition disputes.
Anna joins Hausfeld from Hogan Lovells where she qualified in 2018 and worked extensively on competition and commercial litigation matters, including both stand-alone and follow-on damages claims.
She has extensive experience working with economists, dealing with complex confidentiality issues and supporting clients’ cases against their competitors, suppliers or customers.
Anna is fluent in Italian and speaks conversational French.
Anna has worked extensively with an array of businesses in several industries including clients working in telecoms, fintech and maritime.
Accelerated Legal Practice Couse, BPP London (Distinction)
LLB, Bristol University (First)
Winner of the Hogan Lovells Bristol University award for Tort Law, 2011-12
Received a commendation for academic excellence over the academic year 2011-12
Solicitor, England and Wales, 2018
At Hausfeld, Anna was part of the team which:
- Filed an opt-out collective action with the CAT on behalf of an estimated 19.5 million eligible UK users of smartphones and tablets running on Google’s Android operating system relating to excessive and unlawful charges on purchase in the Google Play App Store. The claim alleges that Google unfairly restricts consumers from accessing potential competition from other app distributors, by requiring smartphone manufacturers to pre-install a bundle of Google’s proprietary apps and services including the Google Play Store as well as imposing other contractual and technical restrictions.
- Filed a representative collective action with the CAT on behalf of some 19.6 million eligible UK iPhone and iPad users relating to excessive and unlawful charges by the Apple App Store. The claim alleges that Apple’s conduct violates section 18 of the UK Competition Act 1998 and Article 102 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union.
Prior to joining Hausfeld:
- Represented two Defendants in a very high-value competition claim brought by Phones 4U against several mobile network operators.
- Represented a Defendant in respect of a follow-on damages claim concerning the cathode ray tubes glass cartel.
- Advised a fintech start-up in connection with a potential stand-alone claim against an established market player.
Commercial & Financial Disputes
- Represented two Claimants in a high-profile civil fraud claim worth hundreds of millions in USD.
- Assisted with several smaller commercial disputes arising in the telecommunications sector.
Anna has consistently sought out pro bono opportunities and her help has made a real difference to her pro-bono clients. Her work includes:
- Co-leading a team that successfully obtained four interim non-molestation zonal orders and an occupation order in the context of a complicated domestic abuse case.
- Obtaining a non-molestation zonal order in the context of a domestic abuse case.
- Successfully advocating before the Social Security Tribunal with the result that the client’s Employment and Support Allowance appeal was allowed.