Competition Law Nordic 2023
This Pan-Nordic competition law forum offered an in-depth analysis of recent policy developments, decisions and investigations at EU and national level and took place on 14-15 March 2023. Discussions on big topics such as enforcement, the new horizontal block exemption, vertical restraints, abuse of dominance, sustainability & ESG, digital markets, merger control and cooperation between the authorities made this one of the must-attend events on the competition law calendar.
There was the opportunity to hear directly from 55 leading competition experts, including the Director or Deputy Director General from the Danish, Finnish, Icelandic, Norwegian and Swedish competition authorities.
In the afternoon of 15 March, Andrew Bullion, Managing Partner of our Stockholm office and Claire Simpson, counsel at EFTA Surveillance Authority dove into private enforcement developments across the EU and the Nordics. They examined:
- How has the damages directive been implemented in the region? What are the experiences to date?
- Update on Trucks litigation including Norwegian Royal Mail claim
- Article 102 cases including Google
- How public and private enforcement can work together
- Standalone vs follow-on cases
- Strategies for managing claims for claimants and defendants including how to prepare and run a claim
- Funding of claims
- Calculation of damages
Informa Connect hosted this two day in-person event on 14-15 March at Radisson Blu, Waterfront, Nils Ericsons Plan 4,
111 64 Stockholm.