Antitrust and 21st Century Bigness: Panel 3 - Existing Law: Solutions?
Big Tech and Bigness. These issues continue to dominate the antitrust agenda in the United States and throughout the world. Three years ago, we examined these issues at a conference held at NYU School of Law, at a time when US enforcement agencies had yet to act. We now return for a second edition of that conference, at a time when antitrust agencies around the world—including in the US—are taking on the challenge. We will ask, what progress has been made? What obstacles have been encountered? What are the prospects for the future?
In the afternoon, for the third panel of the Antitrust and 21st Century Bigness symposium, moderator Michael Hausfeld was joined by Alexandre de Streel, Daniel Francis, Ian Simmons, and Diane Wood. The panel shared their opinions on whether current competition laws reach - and remedy - anticompetitive conduct by Big Tech firms.
The Antitrust and 21st Century Bigness symposium was held on February 24, 2023, at the NYU School of Law.
- Alexandre de STREEL | Academic Director, CERRE; Professor of European Law, University of Namur
- Daniel FRANCIS | Professor, NYU School of Law
- Ian SIMMONS | Partner, O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Diane WOOD | Senior Circuit Judge, Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit; Senior Lecturer, University of Chicago Law School
- Moderator: Michael HAUSFELD | Chair Emeritus, Hausfeld LLP