Women@Competition Spotlight Session
Women@Competition, a platform for female professionals playing a significant role in shaping competition policy and the enforcement landscape as part of the W@ movement, hosted its Spotlight Session on the evening of 4 July in London.
An expert panel of leading ladies and rising stars from different areas of the UK competition law industry, including Hausfeld Partner Lesley Hannah who chairs the event, provided an interesting debate on the future direction of competition policy on a wide range of topics including:
- Consumer welfare and competition in the context of Lord Tyrie’s proposals - Michelle Meagher, UCL
- Competition for the digital age - Anna Mitchell, Linklaters
- Application of antitrust to financial services – where do the boundaries lie? - Vassilena Karadakova, Cleary Gottlieb
- Is the EU merger regime fit for purpose? (Thyssenkrup/Tata) - Carlotta Bonsignori, Frontier Economics
- The CMA’s use of powers available under the CDDA to disqualify directors - Jessica Radke, UK Competition Merger Authority
The Spotlight talks were followed by a short Q&A with drinks, nibbles and networking afterwards.