Hausfeld supports wellness globally
Hausfeld has pledged its support to the American Bar Association’s Well-Being Campaign and commits to rolling out a wellness programme globally to benefit all our lawyers and staff.
Global Managing Partner Brent Landau explains: “We recognise the importance of promoting wellness among all of our lawyers and staff worldwide. As part of our overall commitment to that effort, we have pledged our support for the ABA’s innovative campaign to advance well-being in the legal profession, which we are using as a stepping stone to focus on wellness across all our offices worldwide.”
With the ABA’s seven-point pledge as a starting point, Hausfeld is putting together a programme for each of its regions around the core objectives we have identified for all Hausfeld offices:
- Reinforcing the importance of well-being and strong emotional, physical, and mental health.
- Ensuring a safe work environment and creating awareness around well-being, including educational initiatives.
- Accepting how stress and work pressures can impact our wellness and recognising its manifestations - including substance and alcohol abuse.
- Providing confidential access to experts and resources to all employees.
- Identifying healthy coping mechanisms, methods to reduce stress, and ways to improve well-being.
- Continuing to ensure that non-alcoholic alternatives are available at firm events.
- Developing proactive policies and protocols to support all of the above.
Brent Landau continues: “We are proud to support this initiative to bring awareness about wellness in a high-pressure and demanding field. The well-being of our lawyers and staff continues to be a top priority, not just in the United States but in all of our offices worldwide.”
For more information about the ABA Pledge, which focuses on improving physical, mental, and emotional well-being; raising awareness; and finding ways to reduce problematic substance-use and mental health distress.