Timothy has substantial experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants, providing him with greater insight into the benefits and risks that matter most to clients. His experience encompasses a varied practice of antitrust litigation, securities litigation, commodities litigation, and other complex commercial litigation. His efforts have helped his clients recover more than $2.5 billion in settlements.
Timothy regularly handles matters involving complex financial instruments and heads the firm’s investigation of matters under securities and commodities laws.
Timothy’s clients include individual investors, investment funds, and multinational corporations. His dedication to helping clients realistically assess their options before and throughout litigation and his tenacity in securing a result, through appeal if necessary, help to ensure exceptional outcomes for his clients.
Cornell Law School, J.D., 2006
Iowa State University, B.A., 2003
District of Columbia
United States District Court for the District of Delaware
United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
Member, American Bar Association
Member, American Constitution Society
Member, Society for American Baseball Research
- "The Chair, the Needle, and the Damage Done: What the Electric Chair and the Rebirth of the Method-of-Execution Challenge Could Mean for the Future of the Eighth Amendment," Cornell Journal of Law and Public Policy (2006), Author
- "Plaintiffs Bar Perspective: Hausfeld's Timothy Kearns," Law360 (March 15, 2017)
WHAT OTHERS SAY
- Named a "heavyweight practitioner" in Antitrust in 2018
- Rising Star, Antitrust Litigation in Washington, DC in 2016
- Rising Star, Securities Litigation in Washington, DC in 2014 and 2015
Global Competition Review
- Cartel Prosecution of the Year: an honor he received as part of the In re Foreign Exchange Benchmark Rates Antitrust Litigation case team in 2016.