Chris is a member of the firm’s antitrust and financial services groups and represents consumers and businesses in complex legal disputes in a variety of jurisdictions across the globe. Chris regularly consults with clients, trade associations, and law firms about competition issues and legal strategies that span international borders.
Chris has briefed and/or argued matters in numerous courts across the United States, including in the California Courts of Appeal, the California Supreme Court, the Second, Ninth, and Eleventh Circuits, and the United States Supreme Court.
Chris represents banks, insurance companies, and manufacturers and distributors in litigation. Chris enjoys crafting creative legal solutions for his clients, and where necessary, advocating new and novel legal theories to advance his clients’ interests.
University of California, Hastings College of the Law, J.D., 1996
University of Colorado, Boulder, B.A., 1993; Phi Beta Kappa
United States Supreme Court
California Supreme Court
Second Circuit Court of Appeals
Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
Northern District of California
Eastern District of California
Central District of California
Southern District of California
State Bar of California, Member
American Bar Association, Member
Hastings Constitutional Law Quarterly, former Senior Managing Editor
Chris's other publications include:
- “Evolving Class Certification Standards in Federal Courts,” The Journal of State Bar of California Litigation Section (Nov. 3, 2010), Author
- "Dismissal Standards Following Bell Atlantic v. Twombly - A One-Year Retrospective," The Antitrust Review of the Americas (2009), Co-Authored with Michael Lehmann
- "Pimco: Another Guidepost for Class Certification," Law360 (Sept. 23, 2009), Author
WHAT OTHERS SAY
Global Competition Review
- Litigation of the Year – Cartel Prosecution: an honor he received as part of the In re Foreign Exchange Benchmark Rates Antitrust Litigation case team in 2015.
- Leading Plaintiff Financial Lawyer since 2019
- Recommended Lawyer, Antitrust - Civil Litigation/Class Actions: Plaintiff in 2019
- Super Lawyer, Antitrust Litigation in San Francisco in 2021
Who's Who Legal
- Recommended Lawyer, Competition: Plaintiff in 2018
"Christopher Lebsock ranks prominently for his competition practice, receiving endorsements for his experience in numerous jurisdictions." (Who’s Who Legal, Competition - Plaintiff - Legal Marketplace Analysis, 2022