Lexxion turns to Thomas Höppner for expert views on 'competition law and online platforms'
For their very first competition and regulatory law podcast, Lexxion invited Thomas Höppner, Partner, Hausfeld Berlin to join a discussion about competition law and regulation around online platforms.
Other experts contributing to this interesting debate were:
- Moderator Nelly Stratieva - Executive Editor of European Competition and Regulatory Law Review
- Alexis Walckiers, Chief Economist, Belgian Competition Authority
- Jakob Kucharczyk, VP, Competition & EU Regulatory Policy at CCIA Brussels
- Ben Van Rompuy, Leiden University and Vrije Universiteit Brussel
The panel discussed topical aspects such as:
- What are the biggest questions concerning online markets on the competition law agenda this year?
- What do we need to compose the golden formula for remedies in the digital era?
- Or does it exist already?
- What are some of the perceived issues with online platforms that competition law should not tackle?