Lida is a trainee solicitor with experience in complex commercial and financial disputes. She also has experience in environmental and product liability claims.
She joined Hausfeld as an Intern and after completing her LPC, Lida re-joined the team as a Trainee Solicitor in Summer 2021.
Lida has gained experience working on several high-profile cases with a particular interest in commercial and financial matters. She has been involved with all stages of the litigation process and has comprehensive knowledge of cases at differing stages of proceedings. She is currently on a 6-month secondment with consumer association Which?.
Prior to joining Hausfeld, Lida undertook several placements at leading law firms in both Greece and the UK, including PotamitisVekris Law Firm, Dryllerakis & Associates Law Firm and Holman Fenwick Willan LLP.
Lida is a native Greek speaker and can speak French.
Legal Practice Course, University of Law, London
LLM in International Law, University College London
LLB in Law, University of Sussex
Volunteer work for the International Rescue Committee (IRC) in Lesvos where Lida engaged with the Child Protection department to create a school environment for the children in the refugee camp on Lesvos, Greece and applied for reunification of children with their families.
Commercial & Financial Disputes
Lida has been part of the legal teams on the following Hausfeld cases:
- A substantial travel IP claim against against American Express Europe LLC and GBT UK Ltd, American Express’ Global Travel Division, representing Spanish and Panamanian companies Trappit SA and Trappit Tecnologias SL. The claims alleged that the global travel company misappropriated a highly valuable and commercially sensitive airfare booking software system (ARPO). Lida considered jurisdictional issues and prepping for a jurisdiction challenge application hearing in the High Court.
- Acting for the liquidators of Ventra Investments Ltd in claims valued over £80 million against Bank of Scotland alleging swap mis-selling, LIBOR manipulation and intermeddling in administrative receivership.
- Claims in relation to LIBOR.
Environmental & Product Liability
Lida has played an integral role assisting with:
- Spanish Property Deposits: Acting for British residents in Spanish courts in collaboration with Spanish law firm Eskariam, to recover deposits invested in Spanish holiday apartments. Lida played a key role in running case management of the project, identifying clients and signing them up to the campaign.
- ClientEarth Corporate Review: Conducted a review of the recent annual reports filed by the 250 largest companies listed on the London Stock Exchange, to assess the extent to which the companies had considered climate change under existing reporting requirements.
- ClientEarth SIPs Review: Identifying Statements of Investment Principles of DC pension schemes and engaging in a methodical analysis with a view to completing a report.