William, Counsel, has considerable experience in dealing with complex and high-value commercial disputes. His particular focus is on competition damages, corporate and technology litigation. Described by clients as ‘committed, helpful and creative...‘, a number of the cases he has worked on have been recognised in The Lawyer and the Financial Times.
His recent experience includes:
- Interchange fee litigation, involving 13 of the UK’s largest retailers in claims against MasterCard and Visa (as featured in the “The Lawyers Top 20 cases”).
- Truck cartel litigation in the UK and the Netherlands, involving several thousand businesses across the EU (FT Innovative Lawyers Winner 2018).
- Arbitration proceedings involving the Secretary of State for Health regarding the NHS Connecting for Health project.
- Corporate dispute for one of the world's largest insurance companies against a Russian individual and a Cypriot entity. The claim involved parallel LCIA proceedings in the UK and “Arbitrazh” proceedings in Moscow.
- Asset tracing for a Russian bank against a high net worth individual, involving multi-national litigation in Liechtenstein, France, Luxembourg, Cyprus and Belize.