Laura is a skilled commercial litigator and professional indemnity solicitor with over 8 years’ experience gained in house and at a Top 20 UK Law Firm.
Laura trained at Barlow Lyde & Gilbert LLP before joining to Clyde & Co LLP as an associate, developing extensive knowledge of commercial litigation. During this time, she undertook a secondment to the Pension Protection Fund.
Prior to joining Hausfeld, Laura practiced in house at the Royal Bank of Scotland where she obtained considerable commercial and private banking disputes experience as a member of the legal team which worked on a high profile and significant RBS voluntary remediation programme.
Laura is experienced in all stages of litigation and also possesses familiarity of mediation. She is knowledgeable on negotiation and settlement of costs and has demonstrated excellent team leading skills through her management of junior lawyers on complex cases.
Laura has advised or represented a variety of clients including corporate businesses, accountants, law firms, valuers and individuals.
Before Hausfeld, Laura was a pivotal member of the legal teams which:
- Represented a firm of accountants in the defence of a claim brought by a former client in connection with the preparation of financial accounts.
- Advised a UK LLP in connection with a judgment obtained in the DRC and consequences for enforcement in the UK.
- Advised an international law firm in the defence of a professional negligence claim arising from their retainer to investigate fraud, bribery and corruption within a client’s business.
- Achieved the settlement of a claim based on retention of title for an international energy services company.
- Advised a client on non-compete and confidentiality provisions contained within a former employee's contract of employment.
- Defended a claim for alleged negligent valuation of a mixed use residential and commercial premises.
- Acted in the management of a claim made by a beneficiary to a family trust against a former partner acting as trustee.
- Acted on the defence of two claims arising from allegedly negligent tax advice provided to a high net worth individual.
- Advised in connection with a claim arising from the failure to effect service of a claim form.
Legal Practice Course, College of Law
LLM International Trade Law, University of East Anglia
LLB in Law, University of East Anglia
Solicitor, England and Wales, 2011