Ellen focuses primarily on commercial litigation.
Ellen trained at White & Case LLP in their UK and New York offices. Most recently, she practised in their litigation and arbitration department, where she developed considerable expertise representing clients in both commercial litigation and international arbitration, often working with teams globally.
She also gained experience in employment, compensation and benefits matters, representing clients on a mixture of advisory, contentious and transactional work. She possesses expertise in banking, financial restructuring and insolvency, having taken a lead role in the signing process for the accession of nine English obligors to an asset-based loan and term loan facility. Furthermore, Ellen has knowledge of the private equity sector.
Ellen has represented a diverse range of clients across multiple jurisdictions including banks, fashion houses, oil and gas companies as well as high net-worth individuals. In addition, she has represented some clients on a pro-bono basis.
Prior to Hausfeld, Ellen gained substantial transaction and litigation experience:
- Acting in a shareholder dispute advising the Claimant in an arbitration for damages for breach of an arbitration award.
- Advising on a litigation advising a group of companies operating in Ukraine in relation to various claims arising out of a SPA for the purchase of Ukraine’s largest telecoms company.
- Assisting with a large investment treaty arbitration that was in the jurisdiction phase of proceedings.
- Advising an oil and gas giant on a potential dispute relating to its strategy with its joint venture partner and contractors.
- Instructed by a large bank when a senior member brought a claim for discrimination.
Prior to Hausfeld, Ellen:
- Was instructed by an investment bank to arrange a pre and post-delivery senior secured loan facility of USD 123 million for the financing of an expedition cruise vessel.
- Took on a lead role in the signing process for the accession of nine English obligors to an asset-based loan and term loan facility.
Legal Practice Course, BPP Law School
LLB in Law, Queens University, Belfast
Scholarship – J.D. Programme, Washington University, St. Louis
Solicitor, England and Wales, 2019
Affiliations & Memberships
Whilst at university Ellen led the Enactus society, which focused on social entrepreneurship, equipping those less fortunate in the community with key business skills in order to find employment.
Ellen is a keen author. For example, she has drafted client alerts and a thought leadership article about the modernisation and innovation of the courts. In addition, she regularly contributes to the Hausfeld blog 'Perspectives' which can be found in the respective section below.