Dexter is a trainee solicitor who is currently undertaking a seat in the competition litigation team in London where he assists clients on the Trucks and Spanish Milk cartel cases. He also has experience in a broad range of contentious commercial matters, including high value fraud and misrepresentation claims, especially those resulting from the LIBOR fixing scandal, as well as company matters, including directors’ duties and insolvency.
Dexter demonstrates excellent case management skills and has experience preparing for hearings before the High Court, the Competition Appeal Tribunal and the Court of Appeal. During his time at Hausfeld, he has also prepared for and attended several mediations in commercial disputes.
Dexter holds a master’s degree from University College London with a focus on international law. Having joined Hausfeld as an intern in 2016, Dexter completed his LPC while working at Hausfeld between 2018 and 2019, graduating with distinction, and commenced his training contract with Hausfeld in March 2020.
Dexter was part of the teams working on the following commercial disputes:
- Ventra Investments Limited (in creditors’ voluntary liquidation) v Bank of Scotland plc
- Arthur Holgate & Sons Limited (in creditors’ voluntary liquidation) v Barclays Bank plc
- Wingate Limited v Lloyds Bank plc
- Guardian Care Homes (West) - Kevin Hellard v Gary Hartland, Karen Hartland and Graiseley Investments Limited
- (1) Kexgill (Nottingham) Limited (2) Kexgill (Preston) Limited v Barclays Bank plc
His experience includes having worked on:
- Claims in connection with LIBOR rigging.
- Claims in relation to the mis-selling of interest rate hedging products.
- An application in the Companies Court alleging a transaction at an undervalue and breaches of directors’ duties.
During the competition litigation seat of his training contract, Dexter will focus on assisting with the management of competition disputes. Previously, he has also been a part of Hausfeld’s competition team working on a complaint against Google in relation to one of its affiliated services.
Legal Practice Course, Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice, University of Law
LLM, Master of Laws, University College London
LLB (Hons) Law, Swansea University