Christopher L. Lebsock
Chris is a member of the firm’s antitrust and financial services groups and represents consumers and businesses in complex legal disputes in a variety of jurisdictions across the globe. Chris regularly consults with clients, trade associations, and law firms about competition issues and legal strategies that span international borders.
Chris has briefed and/or argued matters in numerous courts across the United States, including in the California Courts of Appeal, the California Supreme Court, the Second, Ninth, and Eleventh Circuits, and the United States Supreme Court.
Chris represents banks, insurance companies, and manufacturers and distributors in litigation. Chris enjoys crafting creative legal solutions for his clients, and where necessary, advocating new and novel legal theories to advance his clients’ interests.
Antitrust / Competition
- In re Farm-Raised Salmon and Salmon Products Litigation - Lead counsel.
- In re California Gasoline Spot Market Antitrust Litigation - Lead counsel.
- Card Shufflers Antitrust Litigation -
Alfred T. Giuliano as Liquidation Trustee for RIH Acquisitions NJ, LLC d/b/a/ The Atlantic Club Casino Hotel v. Scientific Games Corp. et al.
Rancho’s Club Casino, Inc. d/b/a Magnolia House Casino v. Scientific Games Corp. et al.
- In re Packaged Seafood Products Antitrust Litigation – Lead counsel for distributors of shelf-stable tuna products.
- In re Disposable Contact Lens Antitrust Litigation – Lead counsel for plaintiffs.
- In re Transpacific Passenger Air Transportation Antitrust Litigation – Lead counsel for plaintiffs; approximately $150 million settlement.
- In re Korean Ramen Antitrust Litigation – Lead counsel for distributor plaintiffs, class certified, tried to verdict in 2018.
Deceptive Business Practices and Consumer Protection
- District Council #16 v. Sutter Health et al. - Lead counsel for ERISA plan plaintiffs in fraudulent billing litigation.
- Gregory Duncan v. Sutter Health et al - Lead counsel in whistle-blower litigation under the California Insurance Fraud Prevention Act.
What Others Say
- Lawdragon named Chris as one of its “Top Plaintiff Financial Lawyers” (2019-2020)
- Chris was named a “Recommended Lawyer” in Antitrust - Civil Litigation/Class Actions – Plaintiff by The Legal 500 (2019)
- Global Competition Review honored Chris with the award for “Litigation of the Year – Cartel Prosecution” as part of FOREX case team (2015)
University of California, Hastings College of the Law, J.D., 1996
University of Colorado, Boulder, B.A., 1993; Phi Beta Kappa
United States Supreme Court
California Supreme Court
Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
Second Circuit Court of Appeals
Northern District of California
Eastern District of California
Central District of California
Southern District of California
Affiliations & Memberships
State Bar of California, Member
American Bar Association, Member
Hastings Constitutional Law Quarterly, former Senior Managing Editor
Christopher L. Lebsock, “Evolving Class Certification Standards in Federal Courts,” The Journal of State Bar of California Litigation Section, (November 3, 2010)
Christopher L. Lebsock and Michael Lehmann, "Dismissal Standards Following Bell Atlantic v. Twombly - A One-Year Retrospective" The Antitrust Review of the Americas (2009)
Christopher L. Lebsock, "Pimco: Another Guidepost for Class Certification" Law360 (September 23, 2009)