Andrew Bullion is a founding partner and divides his time between London and Sweden, where he heads the Stockholm office and has built Hausfeld’s successful Nordic practice since 2006.
He brings two decades of experience of successfully litigating complex competition and securities derivative matters on behalf of corporate claimants and defendants. He has led proceedings before the UK High Court, the Competition Appeals Tribunal and in several additional European jurisdictions - including the Netherlands, Germany, and Poland - as well as the US Federal District Courts.
Andrew has represented some of the world’s most recognisable undertakings, including some of the largest logistics companies and has advised leading manufacturing, retail, auto OEM, and logistics companies. In parallel, Andrew provides antitrust consulting and has done so for several multinational companies and associations including members of the Forbes Global 500.
Previously, Andrew clerked for the US Federal Trade Commission Bureau of Competition and worked for leading Swedish law firm Advokatfirman Vinge KB.
Andrew routinely speaks at events about private enforcement litigation, including conferences in London, Denmark, Norway and Sweden and is a regular guest lecturer on EU competition law at the University of Toulouse Masters of Law Programme. He speaks Swedish.
Andrew has advised on and achieved multiple settlements for the giants of the automotive industry and a wide range of household names – especially in Scandinavia - on claims arising from antitrust infringements including price-fixing cartels, such as:
- Capacitors - On behalf of leading broadband providers and white goods manufacturers.
- Foreign Exchange - On behalf of multinational corporates.
- Auto cases: Car Glass, Bearings, Occupant Safety Systems, Wire Harnesses, Maritime Car Carriers, Sparkplugs, Alternators & Starters, Thermal Systems - On behalf of multiple car manufacturers.
- Air Cargo - On behalf of multiple multinational corporates.
- Marine Hoses – On behalf of multiple oil companies.
- Fastners - On behalf of multiple apparel and furniture manufacturers.
- Paraffin Wax – On behalf of Europe’s leading candle manufacturers.
- Trucks – On behalf of several large logistics, consumer goods, and haulier companies.
- Freight Forwarders - On behalf of a global logistics company.
- Polish Cement - On behalf of a leading concrete producer.
- Elevator & Escalators – On behalf of multiple leading retail companies.
- Interchange – On behalf of multiple leading retail corporations.
European Business Law: Understanding the Fundamentals Certificate (Honours), Lund University, Sweden
EU Competition Law Postgraduate Diploma, King's College London, Dickson Poon School of Law
Management Curriculum, City Law School
Bachelor of Arts, Villanova University
Juris Doctor, Villanova University
Solicitor, England and Wales, 2011
Attorney qualified before the Washington DC and US District Courts, 1996
Affiliations & Memberships
Member - International Bar Association
Member - Danish-UK, Finnish-British, Norwegian-British and Swedish Chambers of Commerce
Regular guest lecturer at the University of Toulouse Masters of Law Programme
Member - American Bar Association’s Antitrust Section
Publications and articles that Andrew has contributed to can be found in the respective sections below. Others include:
"Competition Damages Actions in the EU, Law and Practice, Second Edition"
"The Single and Continuous Infringement Cartel Concept Remains Alive in the European Community" - Lexology, February 2017
"Law Firms Ready to Pull the Trigger on FX Manipulation Claims" - Profit & Loss, April 2016
Presentations & Speeches
Andrew is a regular speaker at specialist conferences across Europe. The most recent events are listed in the dedicated ‘Events’ section below.