Amanda has spent her entire academic and professional life pursuing a passion for advocacy as a check on powerful institutions, knowing that those without resources are those most vulnerable to exploitation. Amanda was drawn to Hausfeld’s longstanding dedication to the public interest and its creative approaches to seeing justice served. She has brought her dedication and diverse practical skillset to the firm’s complex tort and product liability litigation practice.
Before joining Hausfeld, Amanda worked for several years representing women who had been gravely injured by corporate negligence and misconduct. She prided herself on helping women tell their own stories and advocating for them through every step of the litigation process.
Prior to law school, Amanda worked for the International Affairs Department of the American Federation of Teachers, organizing with the embassies of Ghana and Cote d’Ivoire to support universal education and eradicate child labor in African cocoa fields.
Amanda is currently representing lifelong smokers targeted with free cigarettes as children, Gulf Coast and Virginia homeowners, and mothers who were prescribed the anti-nausea medication Zofran (ondansetron) during their first trimester of pregnancy and who delivered children who suffered birth defects.
Mass Torts and Public Health Threats
- Boston Youth Tobacco Litigation – Amanda is part of the case team in which the firm is actively is prosecuting individual catastrophic injury and wrongful death claims in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts against Tobacco manufacturers.
- Chinese Manufactured Drywall Litigation – Amanda is part of the case team representing homeowners alleging Chinese manufactured drywall used in their homes was defective.
- Zofran Products Liability Litigation – Amanda is part of the case team representing mothers who were prescribed the anti-nausea medication Zofran (ondansetron) during their first trimester of pregnancy and who delivered children who suffered birth defects.
- Proton Pump Inhibitor Litigation
- Environmental Whistleblower Litigation
The George Washington University Law School, J.D. 2014
Butler University, summa cum laude, B.A. 2011
District of Columbia
Affiliations & Memberships
Phi Beta Kappa
Former Member of the GWU Public Contract Law Journal and the Mock Trial Board