Themed ‘Cross-Border Trends, Tactics and Strategic Insights Conference: What European and U.S. Lawyers Should Know About Litigating Abroad’, the event covers issues that impact litigators across Europe and the US and aims to:
- Clarify master cross-border tactics and litigation strategies
- Compare European group claims and U.S. class action cases
- Describe Brexit’s impact on cross border disputes between the U.S. and UK
London partner, Wessen Jazrawi, who acted for a group of international retailers in the high-profile interchange fees litigation, joins the expert panel alongside Deba Das of Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP and Thomas Shortland from Cohen & Gresser LLP to discuss ‘Group Claims’. Topics of debate will include:
- How U.S. trends in class actions affect the road ahead for class/group claims in Europe
- The impact of litigation funding on class actions on cases
- The potential benefits of European models of class/group claims – have the floodgates opened?