For their very first competition and regulatory law podcast, Lexxion invited Thomas Höppner, Partner, Hausfeld Berlin to join a discussion about competition law and regulation around online platforms.
Other experts contributing to this interesting debate were:
- Moderator Nelly Stratieva - Executive Editor of European Competition and Regulatory Law Review
- Alexis Walckiers, Chief Economist, Belgian Competition Authority
- Jakob Kucharczyk, VP, Competition & EU Regulatory Policy at CCIA Brussels
- Ben Van Rompuy, Leiden University and Vrije Universiteit Brussel
The panel discussed topical aspects such as:
- What are the biggest questions concerning online markets on the competition law agenda this year?
- What do we need to compose the golden formula for remedies in the digital era?
- Or does it exist already?
- What are some of the perceived issues with online platforms that competition law should not tackle?