You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer (see Control below). This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer.
We do not use this information for anything other than our own analysis. The cookies we use do not enable any website visitor to be individually identified and will only be used for website analytics purposes, for example, to show which areas of our site people find most useful and whether these are easy to reach.
Control of Website Cookies
Website users who don’t want their data collected with Google analytics can install the Google analytics opt-out browser add-on. This is compatible with all major browsers and can be downloaded and installed via the Google analytics opt-out page.
The following cookies are used by Hausfeld:
Session cookies (deleted when all the browser windows are closed).
- hau18_publisher_tracker: stores details about the user used to determine which language previous pages displayed to the user to facilitate backwards navigation. A session cookie.
- Hau18_stashid: used for caching code fragments specific to the user's session. A session cookie.
- PHPSESSID: this cookie is native to PHP applications and enables websites to store serialised state data which is used to establish a user session. PHP is a server side scripting language to develop static and dynamic websites and web applications. A session cookie.
- X-Mapping-#: saves the address and port number of the web server that is managing the session. Used to improve website’s performance security. A session cookie.
- hau18_csrf_token: used to prevent CSRF (Cross Site Request Forgery) attacks against the site. Duration 2 hours.
- hau18_flash: stores flash data (small bits remembered across a single request. e.g. form was submitted successfully). Duration 1 day.
- hau18_publisher_site_language: stores the current language used to display to the user. Duration 30 days.
- hau18_hausfeld_location: stores the location selected by the user. Session or 1 year if remember is checked.
- hau18_last_activity: stores the last time a page was loaded in this Session (see the PHPSESSID above) to prevent premature expiration of the data. Duration 1 year.
- hau18_last visit: stores the last time the user's session was expired. It is used in spam prevention. Duration 1 year.
- hau18_visitor_consents: stores the cookie types the user has consented to. Duration 1 year.
- hau18_tracker: stores the last 5 pages the user visited on the site to facilitate redirects after form submissions. A session cookie.
Google Analytics helps us with the reporting related to our website. The following cookies are linked to the Hausfeld website:
- _ ga: used to distinguish users. 2 years.
- _gid: used to distinguish users. 24 hours.
- _gat: used to throttle request rate. 1 minute.
- _atuvs: set by the AddThis sharing widget. Duration 30 minutes.
- _atuvc : set by the AddThis sharing widget. Duration 13 months.
Cookies in Emails
If you have enabled the images within the email, cookies may be set on your computer or device. Cookies will also be set if you click on any link within the email.
The types of cookies used are:
Web beacons: they help display emails in the best format for your device and tell us whether you’ve opened the email, when, and how often, the location and whether you clicked a link.
Link tracking: if the email contains a (number of) hyperlink(s), each has a unique tag. When you click on one of these links, we can understand who has, for example, clicked through to our website, accepted or declined an invitation.
We use this information to view how effective our mailings are. You are able to unsubscribe at any time.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest.