The federal government has relied on junk science to implement reckless climate change policies in the face of indisputable U.S. and international scientific consensus that climate change presents a clear and present danger to life, and represents an urgent and potentially irreversible threat to human societies and the planet. Despite being on notice about the severe threat posed by climate change for more than fifty years, defendants are knowingly increasing the frequency and intensity of its life-threatening effects, thereby affirmatively endangering U.S. citizens in violation of their constitutional rights. The federal government defendants filed a joint motion to dismiss in March 2018, which is currently pending before Judge Diamond in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. While defendants’ motion is pending, Plaintiffs have continued to keep the Court apprised of the increasingly dangerous and intensifying consequences of defendants’ continued rollbacks.
Clean Air Council v. USA et al
Clean Air Council v. USA et al., No. 17-4977 (E.D. Pa.): On behalf of leading Pennsylvania environmental non-profit Clean Air Council and two Pennsylvania children, Hausfeld brought pro bono litigation against the federal government to combat its sweeping rollbacks of critical climate change protections.
- Amended Complaint
- Defendants' Motion to Dismiss
- Plaintiffs' Response in Opposition to Defendants' Motion to Dismiss
- Defendants' Memorandum in Support of Supplemental Motion to Dismiss and Reply to Plaintiffs' Response
- Plaintiffs' Sur-reply in Opposition to Defendants' Motion to Dismiss
- Defendants' Notice of Supplemental Authority
- Plaintiffs' Response to Defendants' Notice of Supplemental Authority
- Plaintiffs' Supplemental Response to Defendants' Notice of Supplemental Authority
- Plaintiffs' Notice of Supplemental Authority
- Press Release